4 fresh, ripe peaches, peeled and sliced into 1/2″ wedges
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 c. sugar, divided
1/4 c. unsalted butter, melted
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Butter bottom and sides of 9″ x 9″ baking dish with melted butter.
3. Sift together flour, 1/2 c. sugar (reserve remaining 1/2 c. for peaches), baking powder, and pinch salt. Add milk and stir until well combined. Pour batter into pan.
4. Combine peaches with 1/2 c. sugar, lemon juice and pinch salt. Spread evenly over the batter. Do not stir. The batter will bubble up and cover some of the peaches.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Cool slightly and serve with vanilla ice cream or light cream.
Easily doubled for 9″ x 13″ baking pan. Sugar can be adjusted depending on the sweetness of the peaches.