I’d buy Ranger Cookies at my alma mater, Ramona High School, in Riverside, California. I found this version in an old cookbook and “turned up the volume” by adding the butterscotch chips.
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. shortening
1 c. granulated sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. quick-cooking oats
2 c. crushed Wheaties cereal
1 c. shredded sweetened coconut
1 c. butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
2. Sift together first four ingredients. Set aside.
3. Cream together shortening with the sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well until creamy.
4. Add dry ingredients, mix well. Add oats, cereal, coconut and chips and mix well.
5. Drop by large tablespoonful onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes until light brown.
6. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 3 dozen large cookies